Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Persimmons


OK I am so addicted to persimmons.  The one on top is the motherlode! I eat like 4 a day. They have to be just right though. I tried the hard kind..Fuyu... very good but I prefer the Hachiya ones with a point. The Fuyu are amazing when they get really soft. My friend Pat went all the way to Denver (south east) to an Asian market to buy cases. Oh my. I made French toast with maple syrup and persimmon flesh. I was drooling, I swear. Ok, enough of this you say?

2 comments:

Patricia said...

When I eat a beautifully ripe one it is like dying and going to heaven...if it isn't ripe, its like going to the other place.

lynne h said...

the day before yesterday i made persimmon almond milk. one fabulously ripe persimmon in 2 cups of homemade almond milk. omg, orange heaven...

xoxo