Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ideas for inspiration.

I have been thinking about how I want to use this blog and one idea is to post things that really inspire me and hopefully will inspire others as well.  A big question for me these days is art and business (marketing, sales, the law of attraction, being a money magnet, etc.).  I want to create a dialogue about these topics. Does anyone want to play here?
And now, for my first exciting post, a list of 10 qualities of successful people, which I received from the Business Breakthrough Newsletter. For the full list of 50 qualities of successful people, click here.
  1. They look for and find opportunities where others see nothing.
  2. They find lessons while others only see problems.
  3. They are solution focused.
  4. They consciously and methodically create their own success.
  5. They may be fearful, but they are not controlled or limited by fear.
  6. They ask the right questions -- the ones which put them in a positive mindset and emotional state.
  7. They rarely complain. 
  8. They don't blame, and take complete responsibility for their actions and outcomes.
  9. They always find a way to maximize their potential, and use what they have effectively.
  10. They are busy, productive and proactive.

4 comments:

lynne h said...

caroline, i want to play! so happy you're starting this dialogue...

to me, this list says it all... i've come to all of these qualities through my own inquiry, and i know/feel that they're the factors that determine our success in the world, business or otherwise... now it's a matter of putting what i know into practice. i can *see* that any turmoil (re: competitiveness, pettiness, blatant copying of other's work, etc.) i feel when i'm selling my art first originates in my consciousness. to me, embracing the qualities that you've listed in this post means that i'm going to take responsibility for what i'm creating and be *proactive* about it, rather than reactive. no complaining, no blaming because it's ALL me. am i making a bit of sense?! i'm not sure!

somehow i feel ready to come out of the woodwork again... i think that networking will be tremendously helpful as i/we seek to create a more positive way of selling our art...

i look forward to hearing what others have to say here...

Margie said...

I LOVE your work. LOVE! I am so inspired by it, and you. Ceramics was my first love and I have been pricing kilns and looking at classes for weeks now. I think I am gonna do it. (It has been 25 years since I have touched clay.)

I was blog surfing while I was thinking about my own post for today. It was going to be something like "Fear, how I am afraid of everything but I will do almost anything." Now I am thinking it will be "unrequited love; clay." lol

I have been very successful in two careers and I agree so completely with the list. It could not be more right on. Now, all I have to do is do it all again, but this time with art. How lucky (and scared) am I?

Great blog! Thanks for the shove!

Jeane Myers said...

Caroline! I found your blog through Lynne Hoppe's fabulous and inspiring blog! I'm a huge fan since I saw your work at the Art Mine in Port Hadlock a couple of years ago! Now I have a place to check in and see what you are about. For me, selling my work is not a factor in doing my art. I use my visual art as a place to work out my inner world. I construct and then deconstruct and then do it all over again so I can't take part in this dialogue, but empathize with this constant question that artists struggle with all the time.

Unknown said...

oooh, awesome! this is going to become one of my got-o blogs everyday for sure! i miss you!!! (ps- i'll email you later about the wedding, and i have super exciting news!!!) busy busy busy :)